I’ve written a new WordPress plugin specifically designed to let you simply and easily create a series of related posts. You can download Simple Series here.
What does “Simple Series” do?
Simple Series uses a WordPress shortcode to associate your posts together. All you have to do is use the same shortcode in all of the posts you want to associate together and the plugin does the rest. It will automatically find all of the posts with the same shortcode, organize them by publication date, and put them together in a professional and easy to read format. If you wish to change the format, you can just add your own custom CSS to your theme.
How does “Simple Series” work?
Easy! Just add the shortcode to each of the posts you want to put in the series. Inside the shortcode you will need to specify the title for the series. Like so:
What if I add more posts later?
No problem! The “Simple Series” plugin will always update the series lists in each of your posts whenever you publish a new post. The newest post will always be added to the series in chronological order, by publication date. You can see an example of what it looks like here in my own DrawBot series.
I have more questions!
Cool! Please leave a comment to this post or send me an e-mail!
- DrawBot Resources and Links
- DrawBot, the Adventure Begins
- DrawBot - The Breakdown
- DrawBot - What would you draw?
- DrawBot - The Plan!
- DrawBot - The Hacks
- DrawBot - Giant Unicorn?
- DrawBot - The Delivery?
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin
- This is a test of the Simple Series post system... This is only a test
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- DrawBot – The Operation, Part I
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – The Breakdown, Part II
- DrawBot – Printing!
- DrawBot – Why are you crying?
- DrawBot – Calibration
- DrawBot – Onwards and Upwards!
- Restarting a Stalled DrawBot Drawing
- The biggest inkjet printer ever
- DrawBot Aesthetic Re-Design Ideas
- I think I know what I want to draw next...
- This project is not going to overengineer itself
- Overengineered Spools
- Overengineered Stepper Motor Mounts, Filament Guides
- Overengineered Bolt Endcaps, Case Holder
- Building an Arduino Drawing Robot - On The Cheap
- DrawBot - Printed Parts Tour
- DrawBot, now ACTUALLY wall mounted!
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor
- A Study of Drawing Robot Pen Holders and Design Considerations
- Ideal Qualities in a Drawing Robot Pen Holder
- Drawing Robot Penmanship
- PlotterBot.com - a new site dedicated to drawing robots