I’ve written a new WordPress plugin specifically designed to let you simply and easily create a series of related posts. You can download Simple Series here.
What does “Simple Series” do?
Simple Series uses a WordPress shortcode to associate your posts together. All you have to do is use the same shortcode in all of the posts you want to associate together and the plugin does the rest. It will automatically find all of the posts with the same shortcode, organize them by publication date, and put them together in a professional and easy to read format. If you wish to change the format, you can just add your own custom CSS to your theme.
How does “Simple Series” work?
Easy! Just add the shortcode to each of the posts you want to put in the series. Inside the shortcode you will need to specify the title for the series. Like so:
What if I add more posts later?
No problem! The “Simple Series” plugin will always update the series lists in each of your posts whenever you publish a new post. The newest post will always be added to the series in chronological order, by publication date. You can see an example of what it looks like here in my own DrawBot series.
I have more questions!
Cool! Please leave a comment to this post or send me an e-mail!
- Wanna make a DrawBot?
- DrawBot Resources and Links
- DrawBot, the Adventure Begins
- DrawBot - What would you draw?
- DrawBot - The Delivery?
- DrawBot - The Delivery, Part II
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- DrawBot – Halp!!! No - seriously, a little help?
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin
- Now Simple Series will also add the series list to RSS feeds too!
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VII
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – Printing!
- DrawBot – Why are you crying?
- DrawBot – Calibration
- DrawBot – Pen Selection
- DrawBot – How to Recover from a Stalled Print!
- DrawBot – Another Successful(ish) Drawing!, and an Update
- TSP FTW!
- Speedier DrawBot Drawings
- Two new DrawBot links! And an update!
- DrawBot Practice Tip: A Watched Pot
- Ideas for improving my DrawBot
- Every Body Needs a Skull
- I think I know what I want to draw next...
- Building an Arduino Drawing Robot - On The Cheap
- Drawing Robot Pen Holders, Calligraphy Pens, and Thought Experiments