I’ve written a new WordPress plugin specifically designed to let you simply and easily create a series of related posts. You can download Simple Series here.
What does “Simple Series” do?
Simple Series uses a WordPress shortcode to associate your posts together. All you have to do is use the same shortcode in all of the posts you want to associate together and the plugin does the rest. It will automatically find all of the posts with the same shortcode, organize them by publication date, and put them together in a professional and easy to read format. If you wish to change the format, you can just add your own custom CSS to your theme.
How does “Simple Series” work?
Easy! Just add the shortcode to each of the posts you want to put in the series. Inside the shortcode you will need to specify the title for the series. Like so:
What if I add more posts later?
No problem! The “Simple Series” plugin will always update the series lists in each of your posts whenever you publish a new post. The newest post will always be added to the series in chronological order, by publication date. You can see an example of what it looks like here in my own DrawBot series.
I have more questions!
Cool! Please leave a comment to this post or send me an e-mail!
- Wanna make a DrawBot?
- DrawBot Resources and Links
- DrawBot - The Breakdown
- DrawBot - Parts Shipped!!!
- DrawBot - What would you draw?
- DrawBot - The Plan!
- DrawBot - Giant Unicorn?
- DrawBot - The Delivery?
- DrawBot – The Software, Part I (and an existential conversation)
- DrawBot – The Delivery, Part IV
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- DrawBot – Design Considerations
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- DrawBot – The Breakdown, Part II
- DrawBot – Printing!
- DrawBot – Printing, Part II
- DrawBot – Why are you crying?
- DrawBot – Calibration
- Plugin Considerations
- TSP FTW!
- Two new DrawBot links! And an update!
- Another Drawing Robot!!!
- I think I know what I want to draw next...
- Overengineered Spools
- Overengineered Bolt Endcaps, Case Holder
- Arduino Powered Drawing Robot Poll
- Building an Arduino Drawing Robot - On The Cheap
- DrawBot - Printed Parts Tour
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress editor
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor