Some of my current MakerBot related projects:
- Trying to improve build quality. I’m trying to tune up the hardware before I start to fiddle with Skeinforge in earnest. I’d also like to replace one or more of my threaded rods as at least one has a warp significant enough to affect build quality.
- Printable axis tensioners. I want to design a set of tensioners for all three axes. Right now I’ve got a draft for the Y axis that needs to be revised.
- Printstruder. I’ve finished the idler bracket, but still need to print all the rest of the parts.
- Chess set. Since I’ve got WAY more black ABS then the natural (off-white) color, I want to finish dialing in the print quality on the black ABS before I start print up the white pieces.
- Chess/game board. I’d like to design a modular board for printing out of ABS. I’m thinking I would need three different kinds of pieces – corner, edge, and interior pieces. I’m thinking of a connector system somewhere in-between a puzzle piece and laminate flooring, if that makes any sense at all. Plus, being modular, you could store the pieces and board in a small box/bag.