It’s online and ready for testing. I would appreciate the help of any beta testers. Here’s what you need to play:
- A Thing-O-Matic with a MK6 Stepstruder
- Ideally you have filament in 1.75mm and 3mm diameters and in both ABS and PLA
- A fair amount of patience, a willingness to print off some test objects with a variety of profiles, and the ability to summarize your findings for me
To entice you, here’s what v3.0 can do right now:
- Provide good settings for your Thing-O-Matic MK6 Stepstruder for ABS or PLA in 1.75mm or 3mm diameters running a Heated Build Platform or Automated Build Platform
- Allow you to specify the gear diameter, gear swell, and feed rate
- Allow you to generate a full profile based on any stock Thing-O-Matic profile – along with the solidity/fill ratio
- E-mail you the finished profile as a zip file
I’m still struggling with the math required for a DC motor extruder. However, as soon as I get that sorted out, I look forward to updating this web app to provide Cupcake and Thing-O-Matic MK5 DC motor calculations and profiles as well.
So! Do you have what it takes?