- DrawBot - Parts Shipped!!!
- DrawBot - The Delivery, Part II
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- DrawBot – The Delivery, Part VI
- DrawBot – Printing, Part II
- DrawBot – Onwards and Upwards!
- WordPress plugin - OCD Plugin Stats
- Speedier DrawBot Drawings
- Two new DrawBot links! And an update!
- DrawBot Aesthetic Re-Design Ideas
- I think I know what I want to draw next...
- Arduino Powered Drawing Robot Poll
Because I would have just taken to living inside it. Like a hobo.
Like an AWESOME 8 year old hobo.
You could use a prop TARDIS for a tool shed, chicken coop, garden shed, file cabinet, etc.1
But, as I was watching that video of Sillysparrowness build her TARDIS, I couldn’t help thinking… This is a time and relative dimensions in space device – why does it need to be enclosed? As long as you are going to use it as a prop, rather than as a storage device of some sort, you would really only need the front, the left or right panel, and the top. Admittedly, then you could only take front or 3/4 perspective view shots. If it were modular, the left and right sides could be swapped back and forth so you could take a left or right-sided 3/4 view picture.
If constructed in such a fashion it wouldn’t take up much room if you were to put it facing into a corner.2
If you act now, this special bonus gift could be yours!
At the end of the TARDIS infomercial they have a bunch of text quickly scroll past. I paused the video and copied it all down, just so you won’t have to. It’s after the two videos. :)
Here’s the bit that scrolls past really fast (complete with typos and duplication entries):
SIMPLE IS A RELATIVE TERM…
AS NECESSARY COMPONENTS MAY
NOT BE AVAILABLE
PARADOX MACHINE PARTS
ARCHANGEL PHONE CHARGERS
WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY THINGS
TIME RIFT FUEL
VORTEX M ANIPULATOR
OUTER PLASMIC SHELL
REAL WORLD INTERFACE
TARDIS FORCE FIELD
FAST RETURN SWITCH
INTERACTIVE GYRO CONDUCTOR
TIME PATH INDICATOR
TIME VECORT GENERATOR
DEFENCE INFDEFINITE TIMELOOP
HEART OF THE TARDIS
HOSTILE ACTION DISPLACEMENT
DISTRESS SIGNAL RECEIVER
LIGHT SPEED OVERDRIVE
- Police Box sign on Amazon UK
- Police Box sign from Bygones
- Several pictures of the new (white background) and old (black background) Police Box signs1
- Black and white photo of Police Box sign by Star Cross
- Police Box sign by steelgohst2
- How to build a TARDIS replica on Wonderhowto.com
Just for you Tony Buser!
Now that I’ve got the process for creating a cookie cutter design file, it goes pretty quickly. Unlike several of recent designs (Dalek, sonic screwdriver, etc), this design is fairly simple. The STL output from the Sketchup plugin didn’t even need any cleaning up/repairing.
In any case, share and enjoy this TARDIS cookie cutter.
I rather enjoy building the easy-to-use user interfaces for another website of mine. I’m always tweaking it and trying to make it better. Small change, test, ask for input, LRR.1
My last post gave me a great idea. A large physical console with actual knobs, switches, and dials that all operate Skeinforge. If I had one of these, I would want it to look like the center console of a TARDIS. Some of the best Doctor Who moments are when he’s zipping around the console, tapping, flipping, twisting, turning and generally being wacky.
Imagine being able to do that sort of thing and then have a plastic object (of a seemingly correspondingly random quality) pop out of the center?
- Lather, rinse, repeat. [↩]