For right now, this is just to demonstrate the progress so far. Theoretically, the only thing left to do is crank out an appropriate gauntlet to bring the entire design together. In reality, there’s still a fair amount of work to do. The design for the prosthetic palms was… not elegant. Also, I want to create a separate (but very similar) design for the thumb.1 It is possible that if I improved the finger designs, I might be able to get away without designing a separate thumb.
In the meantime, I think it looks good and would probably be functional as-is.
Onwards and upwards!
- Possibly Parametric Prosthetics
- Measurements Required for DIY 3D Printed Hand Prosthetics
- Progress on Parametric Printable Prosthetic
- Printable Prosthetics R&D Q&A FAQ: Part 1 - The Questioning
- Printable Prosthetics R&D Q&A FAQ: Part 2 - The Wondering
- Printable Prosthetics R&D Q&A FAQ: Part The Third - The Answering
- Printable Prosthetics Fingers and OpenSCAD Design Tips
- Printable Parametric Prosthetics and OpenSCAD: Parametric Optimization
- Printable Parametric Prosthetics: Design Features
- Printable Prosthetics: A Mock Hand
- I feel like the thumb should be stubbier, so I’ll go back and adjust the designs accordingly. [↩]