This weekend, almost an entire year from the last update, I made some revisions to my Simple Series plugin for WordPress.1 This is one of the plugins that I use the most often for WordPress. It’s right up there, in terms of frequency, with the WP-Footnotes plugin that lets me insert footnotes.2
As much as I loved this plugin, it was always a little bit of pain to use. In order for two posts to be associated together in the same series, the title must be listed exactly the same in each post. So, to make sure that I was getting it right, I would open an old post in the relevant series, copy the exact plugin shortcode with the exact title, and paste it into the new post.
With this update you can click the “Add Series” button in the TinyMCE text editor for a post and insert any series title you’ve previously used. It’s not yet as elegant as I would like, but it makes a few button clicks out of a what used to be an annoying process.3 I’ve also added the ability to have a series between pages, posts, or any combination of the two kinds of content types.
- A nifty little WordPress plugin...
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin
- My first published WordPress plugin! Simple Series!
- This is a test of the Simple Series post system... This is only a test
- Now Simple Series will also add the series list to RSS feeds too!
- Simple Series with SEO! after just one day
- Simple Series - Half-Life; Market Research
- Plugin Considerations
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin Update
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress editor