It’s been a while since I’ve talked about my DrawBot. In large part that’s because it’s been a while since I’ve even used my DrawBot.
After a little dry spell of making, I’ve been rocking the DrawBot. Previously I had been drawing things about the size of a sheet of paper. While this meant the drawings were relatively quick, it also meant I could just print whatever I wanted directly onto a 8.5″x11″ sheet of paper using my traditional black and white laser printer. This weekend I’ve cranked out a few drawings – but on a much grander scale. Several months ago I picked up a large roll of white paper at the local office supply store – and I’ve since created about three 3-foot tall drawings. One is a House Stark direwolf from Game of Thrones, one is an R2D2 commissioned by my daughter, and a third is an R2D2 and C3PO also at the request for my daughter.1
The last one is particularly cool. I’ll take a picture for you later. There’s a lot of room for improvement with the gondola. The current setup is… let’s say… non-optimal. I’m working on an improved version.
Where was I? Oh yes! The watched pot!
I’m using Sandy Noble’s seriously awesome Polargraph software to power my DrawBot. I’m rocking version 0.182 and noticed that when I’ve got the program on the “Input” tab it draws about 42 points a minute and when it’s on the “Queue” tab it draws about 96 points a minute when working on SVG / vector graphic. The cool part about drawing with the “Input” tab open is that you can see the drawing in progress. So, when I’m watching the drawing, it runs slower.
- Wanna make a DrawBot?
- DrawBot Resources and Links
- DrawBot, the Adventure Begins
- DrawBot - Giant Unicorn?
- DrawBot - The Delivery, Part II
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin
- My first published WordPress plugin! Simple Series!
- This is a test of the Simple Series post system... This is only a test
- Now Simple Series will also add the series list to RSS feeds too!
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- DrawBot – Printed Parts
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – Pen Selection
- DrawBot – Onwards and Upwards!
- WordPress Plugin: Easy CC License
- DrawBot Practice Tip: A Watched Pot
- Every Body Needs a Skull
- I think I know what I want to draw next...
- Overengineered Bolt Endcaps, Case Holder
- DrawBot - A Preview
- Building an Arduino Drawing Robot - On The Cheap
- DrawBot, now ACTUALLY wall mounted!
- Apparently WordPress.org serves up even more delicious download stats
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress editor
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor
- DrawBot Pen Holder Post Mortem