Thanks to Dan Royer, I’ve added two new links to my really huge list of DrawBots. That brings the total to 28 drawing robots! 1 That’s a really incredible number of people who have shared documentation for their hard work. Six months ago I wouldn’t have guessed there were more than a dozen such projects on the ‘net. Clearly, the six-month-younger version of me is a fool. Thank god I know better, eh?
So, Dan appears to be using an Arduino + Adafruit motor shield, much like I’m using, but he’s running custom Gcode software with a Java GUI. It looks like Dan was wrestling with the problem of how to maximize drawing speed without causing his ‘bot to hang over the serial connection. If he gets some decent speed out of his setup, I’m definitely going to give that a shot.
Unfortunately, I haven’t done much in the way of robotic drawings lately. After experimenting with TSP drawings and finding out they would take an excruciatingly long time I set my drawbot aside for a little while. Fortunately, Sandy’s been on the case and has worked out a new firmware version that might prove to be twice as fast as the one I’m currently using.
- DrawBot Resources and Links
- DrawBot - Parts Ordered!!!
- DrawBot - The Breakdown
- DrawBot - Parts Shipped!!!
- DrawBot - The Plan!
- DrawBot - Giant Unicorn?
- DrawBot - The Delivery?
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- A nifty little WordPress plugin...
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- My first published WordPress plugin! Simple Series!
- This is a test of the Simple Series post system... This is only a test
- Now Simple Series will also add the series list to RSS feeds too!
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- DrawBot – The Operation, Part I
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – Why are you crying?
- DrawBot – Calibration
- WordPress plugin - OCD Plugin Stats
- Two new DrawBot links! And an update!
- I think I know what I want to draw next...
- This project is not going to overengineer itself
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor
- <queue thunder and lightning> 28! 28 drawing robots! Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! [↩]