Thanks to Dan Royer, I’ve added two new links to my really huge list of DrawBots. That brings the total to 28 drawing robots! 1 That’s a really incredible number of people who have shared documentation for their hard work. Six months ago I wouldn’t have guessed there were more than a dozen such projects on the ‘net. Clearly, the six-month-younger version of me is a fool. Thank god I know better, eh?
So, Dan appears to be using an Arduino + Adafruit motor shield, much like I’m using, but he’s running custom Gcode software with a Java GUI. It looks like Dan was wrestling with the problem of how to maximize drawing speed without causing his ‘bot to hang over the serial connection. If he gets some decent speed out of his setup, I’m definitely going to give that a shot.
Unfortunately, I haven’t done much in the way of robotic drawings lately. After experimenting with TSP drawings and finding out they would take an excruciatingly long time I set my drawbot aside for a little while. Fortunately, Sandy’s been on the case and has worked out a new firmware version that might prove to be twice as fast as the one I’m currently using.
- Wanna make a DrawBot?
- DrawBot Resources and Links
- DrawBot, the Adventure Begins
- DrawBot - What would you draw?
- DrawBot - Giant Unicorn?
- DrawBot - The Delivery?
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- This is a test of the Simple Series post system... This is only a test
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- DrawBot – The Operation, Part I
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – The Breakdown, Part II
- Plugin Considerations
- Restarting a Stalled DrawBot Drawing
- Two new DrawBot links! And an update!
- Why do DrawBots draw on walls?
- The Eagle Has Landed
- This project is not going to overengineer itself
- Building an Arduino Drawing Robot - On The Cheap
- Arduino Powered Drawing Robot - Take 2 (Or 3)
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor
- A Study of Drawing Robot Pen Holders and Design Considerations
- Drawing Robot Pen Holders, Calligraphy Pens, and Thought Experiments
- <queue thunder and lightning> 28! 28 drawing robots! Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! [↩]