Thanks to Dan Royer, I’ve added two new links to my really huge list of DrawBots. That brings the total to 28 drawing robots! 1 That’s a really incredible number of people who have shared documentation for their hard work. Six months ago I wouldn’t have guessed there were more than a dozen such projects on the ‘net. Clearly, the six-month-younger version of me is a fool. Thank god I know better, eh?
So, Dan appears to be using an Arduino + Adafruit motor shield, much like I’m using, but he’s running custom Gcode software with a Java GUI. It looks like Dan was wrestling with the problem of how to maximize drawing speed without causing his ‘bot to hang over the serial connection. If he gets some decent speed out of his setup, I’m definitely going to give that a shot.
Unfortunately, I haven’t done much in the way of robotic drawings lately. After experimenting with TSP drawings and finding out they would take an excruciatingly long time I set my drawbot aside for a little while. Fortunately, Sandy’s been on the case and has worked out a new firmware version that might prove to be twice as fast as the one I’m currently using.
- DrawBot – The Software, Part I (and an existential conversation)
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – The Breakdown, Part II
- WordPress plugin - OCD Plugin Stats
- TSP FTW!
- Two new DrawBot links! And an update!
- Maze Code + Polargraph?
- DrawBot - A Preview
- Unidentified Foam Object
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor
- Drawing Robot Penmanship
- <queue thunder and lightning> 28! 28 drawing robots! Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! [↩]