I’ve actually printed something using my DrawBot!!! Would you like to see it?!
As you can see, this is a print of Van Gogh’s Starry Night. It has a few problems. First, the pen was non-ideal. This will take some experimentation. Second, the image, as anyone can tell you, is mirrored. Third, the image was supposed to be much larger – almost as wide as the entire A4 page I’ve scanned in above. I fiddled with some settings last night, but didn’t accomplish much. I’ll try again tonight.
However! I’m really very encouraged! It actually drew something that roughly corresponds to the thing I’ve asked it to draw! I’m looking forward to playing with the settings. The robot is fairly quiet – it’s propped against a wall about seven feet from where I’m sitting and the sound of operation is barely noticeable above the television.
- DrawBot, the Adventure Begins
- DrawBot - The Breakdown
- DrawBot - Parts Shipped!!!
- DrawBot - Giant Unicorn?
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part I
- DrawBot – The Software, Part I (and an existential conversation)
- DrawBot – The Delivery, Part IV
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part II
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part IV
- DrawBot – Design Considerations
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- This is a test of the Simple Series post system... This is only a test
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – Printing!
- DrawBot – Why are you crying?
- DrawBot – Pen Selection
- Two new DrawBot links! And an update!
- All New Polargraph on the way!!!
- The Eagle Has Landed
- Every Body Needs a Skull
- I think I know what I want to draw next...
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor
- A Study of Drawing Robot Pen Holders and Design Considerations
- Drawing Robot Pen Holders, Calligraphy Pens, and Thought Experiments