I’m wondering at what point will the downloads on this plugin plateau. Whatever the eventual baseline download rate, I would suspect that speaks to the amount of maximum market share that is possible for a plugin that performs these functions.1 I would think that downloads would spike when I release a new version of the plugin. Given that I released about five updates to this plugin the first day, I would assume some of those initial downloads were duplicative.
As far as rankings go, at this time this plugin is #5 on WordPress.org’s plugin search page, #5 inside WordPress’s internal “Add New” plugins search page, and no where to be seen in the Google rankings. Looking at Google Keywords, it appears that there’s no small amount of search traffic for the keywords “WordPress series.” There’s some 200,000 global monthly searches. One of the reasons I’m following this so closely is that I’ve had a few ideas for plugins that I could sell.2
Here’s the WordPress.org plugin download stats for “Simple Series with SEO!” for the first four days.
- 1/26/2012: 1 download
- 1/27/2012: 99 downloads
- 1/28/2012: 37 downloads
- 1/29/2012: 20 downloads
What will tomorrow bring?
- Wanna make a DrawBot?
- DrawBot Resources and Links
- DrawBot, the Adventure Begins
- DrawBot - The Breakdown
- DrawBot - Parts Shipped!!!
- DrawBot - What would you draw?
- DrawBot - The Hacks
- DrawBot - Giant Unicorn?
- DrawBot - The Delivery, Part II
- DrawBot – The Software, Part I (and an existential conversation)
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part II
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- DrawBot – Design Considerations
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- Simple Series - Half-Life; Market Research
- DrawBot – Printed Parts
- DrawBot – The Operation, Part I
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – The Breakdown, Part II
- DrawBot – Another Successful(ish) Drawing!, and an Update
- Plugin Considerations
- Restarting a Stalled DrawBot Drawing
- Two new DrawBot links! And an update!
- Why do DrawBots draw on walls?
- Maze Code + Polargraph?
- This project is not going to overengineer itself
- Overengineered Spools
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor