I’m wondering at what point will the downloads on this plugin plateau. Whatever the eventual baseline download rate, I would suspect that speaks to the amount of maximum market share that is possible for a plugin that performs these functions.1 I would think that downloads would spike when I release a new version of the plugin. Given that I released about five updates to this plugin the first day, I would assume some of those initial downloads were duplicative.
As far as rankings go, at this time this plugin is #5 on WordPress.org’s plugin search page, #5 inside WordPress’s internal “Add New” plugins search page, and no where to be seen in the Google rankings. Looking at Google Keywords, it appears that there’s no small amount of search traffic for the keywords “WordPress series.” There’s some 200,000 global monthly searches. One of the reasons I’m following this so closely is that I’ve had a few ideas for plugins that I could sell.2
Here’s the WordPress.org plugin download stats for “Simple Series with SEO!” for the first four days.
- 1/26/2012: 1 download
- 1/27/2012: 99 downloads
- 1/28/2012: 37 downloads
- 1/29/2012: 20 downloads
What will tomorrow bring?
- A nifty little WordPress plugin...
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin
- My first published WordPress plugin! Simple Series!
- This is a test of the Simple Series post system... This is only a test
- Now Simple Series will also add the series list to RSS feeds too!
- Simple Series with SEO! after just one day
- Simple Series - Half-Life; Market Research
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin Update
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress editor
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor