This may seem silly, but I’m really happy with having published my very first plugin on WordPress.org.
My Simple Series plugin lets you easily create and helps you automatically maintain a list of posts. I started writing this plugin because all of the existing ones seemed really clunky and over-engineered. There’s no need for extra tables in WordPress, brand new taxonomies, or special system requirements. If you can fire up any recent version of WordPress, you should be able to use this plugin without a problem. 1
As much of a WordPress fanboy as I am, I’ve never actually shared a plugin on the WordPress.org repository. It was simultaneously easier and more difficult than I thought it would be. The page that discusses how you can contribute your plugin and talks about “checking out” files makes absolutely no mention of how you’re supposed to do this!
Apparently you require a program to connect to the WordPress SVN to check out the file and commit changes. On the advice of Schmarty I’m using TortoiseSVN. Once that was installed and a sub-directory selected, it was relatively easy to commit changes. If you haven’t tried it before, this whole SVN thing feels like a clunky slow version of FTP.
- DrawBot Resources and Links
- DrawBot, the Adventure Begins
- DrawBot - The Breakdown
- DrawBot - What would you draw?
- DrawBot - The Delivery?
- DrawBot - The Delivery, Part II
- DrawBot – The Delivery, Part III
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part II
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- i find i want to add more posts in some random series, just so i can use my new plugin
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin
- My first published WordPress plugin! Simple Series!
- Now Simple Series will also add the series list to RSS feeds too!
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- Simple Series with SEO! after just one day
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VI
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VII
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – Printing!
- DrawBot – Why are you crying?
- DrawBot – Pen Selection
- DrawBot – How to Recover from a Stalled Print!
- Speedier DrawBot Drawings
- Two new DrawBot links! And an update!
- Excellent DrawBot Slides
- Ideas for improving my DrawBot
- The Eagle Has Landed
- Every Body Needs a Skull
- I think I know what I want to draw next...
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor
- A Study of Drawing Robot Pen Holders and Design Considerations
- Drawing Robot Pen Holders, Calligraphy Pens, and Thought Experiments
- Drawing Robot Penmanship
- Of course, now people are going to start e-mailing me with problems… [↩]