This may seem silly, but I’m really happy with having published my very first plugin on WordPress.org.
My Simple Series plugin lets you easily create and helps you automatically maintain a list of posts. I started writing this plugin because all of the existing ones seemed really clunky and over-engineered. There’s no need for extra tables in WordPress, brand new taxonomies, or special system requirements. If you can fire up any recent version of WordPress, you should be able to use this plugin without a problem. 1
As much of a WordPress fanboy as I am, I’ve never actually shared a plugin on the WordPress.org repository. It was simultaneously easier and more difficult than I thought it would be. The page that discusses how you can contribute your plugin and talks about “checking out” files makes absolutely no mention of how you’re supposed to do this!
Apparently you require a program to connect to the WordPress SVN to check out the file and commit changes. On the advice of Schmarty I’m using TortoiseSVN. Once that was installed and a sub-directory selected, it was relatively easy to commit changes. If you haven’t tried it before, this whole SVN thing feels like a clunky slow version of FTP.
- Wanna make a DrawBot?
- DrawBot Resources and Links
- DrawBot, the Adventure Begins
- DrawBot - The Breakdown
- DrawBot - Parts Shipped!!!
- DrawBot - What would you draw?
- DrawBot - The Hacks
- DrawBot - Giant Unicorn?
- DrawBot - The Delivery?
- DrawBot - The Delivery, Part II
- DrawBot – The Delivery, Part III
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part III
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part IV
- Simple Series WordPress Plugin
- My first published WordPress plugin! Simple Series!
- Now Simple Series will also add the series list to RSS feeds too!
- ZOMG! Simple Series is going viral!
- Simple Series - Half-Life; Market Research
- DrawBot – The Operation, Part I
- DrawBot – The Assembly, Part VIII
- DrawBot – The Breakdown, Part II
- DrawBot – Printing, Part II
- DrawBot – Drawing Success(ish)!!!
- DrawBot – Another Successful(ish) Drawing!, and an Update
- Plugin Considerations
- Restarting a Stalled DrawBot Drawing
- The biggest inkjet printer ever
- All New Polargraph on the way!!!
- This project is not going to overengineer itself
- Overengineered Spools
- Building an Arduino Drawing Robot - On The Cheap
- DrawBot - Printed Parts Tour
- How to add a custom button to the WordPress Visual TinyMCE Editor
- A Study of Drawing Robot Pen Holders and Design Considerations
- Of course, now people are going to start e-mailing me with problems… [↩]