Okay, what’s the best thing you can think of that exhibits the possibilities of a MakerBot or RepRap? 12 If y0u’re going for something that shows off the utilitarian potential, then a bottle opener or thin profile whistle might be it. If you’re going for something that shows off what you can achieve with just printed parts – a Leonardo Robot or Rubik’s cube clone. And, if you’re going for something that shows off the precision and detail that is possible, it’s got to be a Pink Panther Lady.345
When judging such things heavily weighted by print time, I suspect the thin profile whistle might be one of the best options.
What do you think?
- Yes, I know I ended the subject of this post with a preposition, but what the heck. The first amendment protects “free speech” not just “correct grammar.” [↩]
- Amiright or amiright? [↩]
- And, really a bottle-opening-pink-panther-whistle-lady-that-transforms-into-a-dinosaur-and-voltron that shoots open-source-lazzors might just be the ultimate thing to print ever. [↩]
- Mind, it should shoot lazzors, not lazzor beams. [↩]
- Remember kids, lazzor beams can be dangerous. [↩]