15 Responses to “Best MakerBot printed sample? Bottle opener leading the pack with 100%”

1. Jonathan says:

Pink panther lady bottle opener!
    How has this not been made yet???

@Jonathan: I have no idea!!! But, can you imagine a Pink Panther lady bottle opener whistle? I mean, the jokes just write themselves!

3. Aaron Double says:

I think there should be a darth vader pez dispenser mashup!

4. Erik says:

LOL! I want a pink panther lady with Walt disney’s brainy-head bottle opener whistle! These are the future’s mash ups. Sporks were only the beginning…

@Erik: I think I can make that happen.

6. Jonathan says:

@MakerBlock indeed, they do!

Although maybe you need to combine the whistle with Eric’s http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4920 instead :D

@Jonathan: Um. Pass.

8. […] man, who actually wants a pink panther lady Walt Disney’s brainy-head bottle opener whistle?  That’s just crazy, dude.  You can print out Pink Panther ladies all day long, but how the […]

9. I’m a bit biased but I think my arm mounted flamethrower is pretty sweet…

10. Telepath says:

What’s all this, how can you even THINK about test-objects and COMPLETELY forget the MINI-MUG?!

@Telepath: Well, a Mini-Mug is what you print once you’ve gotten the hang of extrusion. After that I’d rather print up whistles or legos or something. I have one mini-mug from my Cupcake and one celebratory one from my Thing-O-Matic, but never printed another!

12. Telepath says:

So, where’s the difference? You’d hardly print more than one bottle opener or whistle, would you?
    And I will at least print two mini-mugs, because drinking alone is sad ;)

@Telepath: Well, mini-mugs are really only useful or meaningful to people interested in DIY 3D printing. They’re not even the proper size for shots. Whistles, legos, and bottle openers on the other hand are interesting to people who aren’t into DIY 3D printing.

14. Laura says:

For the few people I actually allow to interrupt my Makerbotting, I print tiny Pink Panther ladies to take home. Not useful to anyone, but somehow still interesting. For the times Makerbot (somehow) comes up in conversation, I carry one of the adorable little perfect-fit gears I printed in my purse. It’s a elegant way to highlight how useful it is for inventions.

@Laura: How tiny are the pink panther ladies you print? I’ve got one in PLA that’s about an inch tall, but she’d look better in ABS.