I finally found the time to print a copy of my 3x2x1 Rubik’s Cube. Having printed it, I’d make a number of improvements in the next design iteration. I would:
- Make the circular slots in the center cubes smaller or the circular tabs in the four outside cubes larger.
- Enlargen the holes for the nut and bolt.
- Make these cubes solid so that they slide against each other easier.1
- Consider replacing the entire nut/bolt requirement with a connection similar to the becco block connectors. This would make for a totally printable solution.
- Print the cubes two at a time to minimize warping without a heated build platform.
It slides reasonably well and is certainly functional. However, after several center cube rotations I will tighten the center bolt.2