So, I’ve got a birthday coming up. Getting older doesn’t bother me much – it’s really just a number associated with the number of times I’ve traveled around the sun. 1 I will gleefully relate to anyone that I’m easily the luckiest man in the world. I’ve got a wonderful family, good friends, everyone is healthy, interesting and challenging work, and a fair amount of free time to do with as I wish. These are the sorts of things that are truly important to me, so by any measure of success I care about, I’ve got it all.
With my birthday approaching, my family starts to ask me about what they can get me for a present. My usual answer is, “Nothing, let’s just hang out.” This year, I actually have a list.
- MakerBot heated build platform v2 ($50.00)
- MakerBot SMT Soldering Toolkit ($50.00)
- MakerBot Relay Board Kit ($17.50)
- MakerBot LED Strip Kit ($9.00)
- MakerBot MegaRainbow ABS Plastic Pack ($71.00)
- MakerBot Mk5 Drive Gear Upgrade Kit ($10.00)
- MakerGear Enhanced Operators Pack ($45.00)
- Contains an assembled modular heater core, PEEK insulator, modular thermistor kit, and some other goodies
I’m rather excited about some of these upgrades. I’m looking forward to a heated build platform for smoother warp free ABS builds. I’m looking forward to the rainbow pack for some crazy wacky fun. 2 And, I’m looking forward to needed the extra spare parts as infrequently as possible. :) Since my last major repair, I’ve been lucky enough to enjoy several months of carefree printing. 3