This website for documenting my attempt to build a MakerBot Industries CupCake CNC 3D printer. I’ve got just about no experience working with electronics and no experience building robots. So, its going to be a wild ride.
It is named “Bender.”
Here’s what I’d like to see happen:
- Documenting everything inside the CupCake Deluxe CNC kit
- Right now I’ve only documented the unboxing
- I’d like to document all the bits inside the various boxes/kits as well
- Documenting each step (and misstep!) of taking a box of parts to a fully functional 3D printer
- As I’m a total and complete novice, this should be educational for everyone involved
- Since the guys at MakerBot suggest two people could assemble a CupCake CNC in leisurely weekend, I suspect it would probably take me about a week or two
- Printing crazy plastic things for myself and others
Why did I name the website MakerBlock? Well, if when I get this robot operational, I’d really like to design and print custom blocks that are compatible with various toy construction sets.
Frivolous? Undoubtedly. But, a man’s got to dream.